Vinyl Wrapping: Budget Friendly Way to Save on Renovation Cost in Dubai
Why do apartments and villas in Dubai all come with cherry brown cabinets?
Your property may not have come with the dream kitchen you’ve always wanted, but ‘wrapping’ is a creative way to upgrade an outdated kitchen without the hassle of a full renovation.
Not only is vinyl wrapping a quick and easy alternative to save on remodelling costs, it also adds value to the property and increase rental value.
The fascinating part? You or your tenant will be much happier living in it.
What is Wrapping?
In Dubai, vinyl wrapping has become very popular, and for a good reason.
Vinyl wrapping is a process where a thin layer of vinyl is applied to a surface, and adhered to its contours and corners using heat guns.
It’s quick, cost-effective, and can breathe new life into your kitchen and bathroom without the need to replace any cabinets or countertop units.
Kitchen Wrapping Before & After
Source: Mayfair Wrapping Dubai
Bathroom Wrapping Before & After
Source: Yalla Wrap It Dubai
What can I Wrap?
Oh, so many things.
You can wrap kitchen cabinets, countertop, backsplash, bathroom countertops, wardrobes, windows, doors, and even fridge and dishwasher…
Wrapping is also versatile with its designs and finishes, and has a wide range of colors, textures, patterns, and finishes to suit any design style and preferences.
The Benefits of Wrapping
- It’s durable.
- It’s water resistant and scratch resistant.
- It’s designed to withstand daily wear and tear. (Lifespan of 3–5 years)
- It’s quick to install with minimal disturbance and mess. (Usually in 1-2 days)
- It’s completely removable, allowing you to update or change the kitchen’s style in the future.
Disadvantages of Wrapping
- It can peel and have bubbles if not fitted correctly.
- Small tears or punctures may be difficult to fix.
- Vinyl wrap is not fully heat-resistant, prolonged exposure to high temperatures may cause the material to shrink or warp.
- In areas with high levels of wear and tear (i.e. countertops), the vinyl may not hold up as well over time.
Benefits for Landlords
- It’s affordable. About 60–80% savings to renovation costs.
- It can increase in property and rental value by 10%-20%.
- It’s quick to install with minimal disturbance, usually completed in 1-2 days.
How Much is Wrapping in Dubai?
To help you find the best wrapping companies in Dubai, we are sharing the ones we believe are the best on the market based on their reviews and length of warranty, as pricing tend to depend on what design and finish you go for.
We reached out to wrapping companies for quotes based on photos of a standard kitchen and bathroom for a 3-bedroom apartment.
Here is the round-up of data.
Best Wrapping Dubai – Reviews & Google Ratings 2023
|Company||Google Ratings1||Brand Country)||Kitchen Cabinet||Kitchen Countertop||Backsplash||Bathroom Cabinet||Bathroom Countertop||Total2||Warranty3|
|Creative Wrapping||4.9 (339 reviews)||Cover Styl (Luxemburg)||2600||1540||1000||1000||550||6690||6 Years|
|Yalla Wrap It||4.9 (179 reviews)||Bodaq (Korea)||2300||900||1300||1000||450||5950||3 Years|
|Mayfair Wrapping||4.9 (119 reviews)||LG & Bodaq (Korea)||2200||1300||1400||1100||inclusive||6000||5 Years|
|Totally Wrapped||4.9 (102 reviews)||LG & Bodaq (Korea)||3200||1200||1200||1150||inclusive||6750||3 Years|
|Wrap Zone||4.8 (86 reviews)||Bodaq (Korea)||2790||1250||800||1170||450||6460||5 Years|
|Wrap It Up||5.0 (46 reviews)||Bodaq (Korea)||2975||1400||1400||1225||350||7350||2 Years|
|360 Wrap||4.9 (30 reviews)||Bodaq (Korea)||2650||1000||700||900||250||5500||5 Years|
|WeCare Wrap||4.8 (27 reviews)||Bodaq (Korea)||2300||1125||1120||650||650||5845||3 Years|
1. Sorted by highest number of Google reviews. As of November 2023.
2. AED excluding 5% VAT.
3. Warranty applicable for bubbles, peel off and discoloration.
Choosing Wrapping Company Dubai
Not all wrapping companies are created equal, so choosing the right one is critical.
To get started, do the usual research… look at samples of their past work, check out their quality of their materials, and read reviews from past customers.
A good vinyl wrapping company will usually have an extensive warranty to give you the assurance of their workmanship. The reason is clear: you want your countertop wrap to last for years, not for months. This can save you a lot of money in the long run if you ever need a replacement.